History of Kanazawa University Medical School

Hikoso Vaccination Center was established in 1862, when Kanazawa was still a part of the Kaga domain. It has undergone through a great number of changes during the last 140 years, bringing political, economic, and cultural progresses to the district.

1862Hikoso Vaccination Center was established
1867Health Care Center
1870Medical Institute
1873Kanazawa Hospital
1876Ishikawa Prefectural Kanazawa Medical School
1884Ishikawa Prefectural First Grade Medical School
1887The Department of Medicine of the Fourth Higher Middle School
1894The Department of Medicine of the Fourth Higher School
1901Kanazawa Professional School of Medicine
1923Kanazawa Medical College
1949The School of Medicine, Kanazawa University
1953Department of Orthopaedic Surgery was founded.
1955The Graduate School of Medicine, Kanazawa University was established.
2001The Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kanazawa University
2004National University Corporation, Kanazawa University
2005The Graduate School of Medical Sciences
(Master’s Course, Division of Medical Sciences) was established.
2006The Research and Education building of the Graduate School of Medical Science was renewed
2008The College of Medical, Pharmaceutical and Health Sciences
2012The Graduate School of Medical Sciences
2016The Graduate School of Advanced Preventive Medical Sciences was established.
The Fourth Higher Middle School (1887)

Kanazawa Medical College (1923)

Kanazawa University campus located in Kanazawa Castle

Kanazawa University Hospital (present)